Saturday, April 26, 2008

Baby Back Ribs Recipe

I'm going to chronicle my latest attempt at Baby Back Ribs. I bought the three slabs from Sam's Club and I believe they were $2.89 per pound. A very low price, but we'll see if the quality matches the value.

Today I pulled the membrane off the backs of the ribs, slathered on some BBQ sauce and sprinkled them with onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder. They are now wrapped in foil and going back into the fridge.

Tomorrow (Sunday April 27, 2008) I will remove them from the fridge and allow them to warm up to room temperature before baking them in the foil at 200 degrees for 4 hours. After that, the ribs are transferred to a hot grill (or broiler, haven't decided yet) for a quick crisping. Hopefully they will fall off the bone. They should certainly taste good with the spices I've used.

Update: Baked them in foil for 4 hours, and put them under the broiler for 10 minutes to crisp up. They were tender and tasty, but not the best I've made. I think the 4-hour bake is the correct process, but a very hot grill might be better than the broiler for crisping.

No comments: